Joint DB-SNCF digitalization initiative
BERLIN - Dr. Rüdiger Grube, CEO of Deutsche Bahn AG, and Guillaume Pepy, President of French National Railways (SNCF), signed a memorandum of understanding in Berlin today at InnoTrans, the leading international trade fair for transport technology.
They agreed to bring together their know how and learnings generated so far in order to inspire and delight their respective customers even further in the future.
“With the digital revolution now underway, we need to be as strong as we possibly can —especially in light of the operational and customer challenges,” said Pepy. “This is the purpose of our new cooperation agreement with Deutsche Bahn, on aspects ranging from the way we cooperate with startups to Industrial Internet solutions and further on to onboard connectivity. Working together will not only serve the interests of SNCF’s and DB’s customers, but also those of the mobility community at large.”
Another goal is to identify the requirements that digital data transmission in rail transport will need to meet in the future, so that rail companies can work with the telecommunications industry to improve connectivity for customers and employees.
Both companies have already gained some insight into what it means to work together with startups. Now they intend to learn from each other on how to deal with these new forms of collaboration. They plan to foster innovation by creating joint-event-formats and agree on topics and challenges to be solved by the tech scene accordingly.
Elke werkdag het laatste nieuws in uw postvak
Weten welke schepen worden verwacht, hoelaat, uit welk land? U kunt het checken op onze speciale pagina met Realtime Scheepsinformatie
- Verkeer vast door defecte brug op A44
- Weer meer treinen vertraagd door spoorlopers
- Baby Charlie Gard overleden
- Vakbond eist investering in personeel KLM
- Vrachtwagen in de vangrail na klapband op A58/A65 [+foto]
- Al 650 kilometer vakantiefiles naar zuiden
- Dodelijke steekpartij in supermarkt Hamburg
- 25 Pacton koelwagenchassis voor Dijco
- DAF FAR XF 460 SSC bakwagen voor HSF Logistics
- Vanaf maandag 21 augustus werkzaamheden provinciale weg N266 bij Someren