Major order of 1,000 Mercedes-Benz Actros by Girteka Logistics
STUTTGART(D) - Mercedes-Benz Trucks registered the largest fleet order in Eastern Europe in its history: A framework agreement for the delivery of 1,000 Mercedes-Benz Actros with Euro VI engines has been signed with Girteka Logistics, a Lithuanian logistics company, earlier this month. The agreement will be an important milestone in the partnership between Girteka Logistics and Mercedes-Benz Trucks. The majority of the trucks will be handed over to the logistics specialist within the current year.
The Mercedes-Benz Actros is the most efficient vehicle in its class. The average fuel consumption of the truck has been cut by 13 percent since its market launch in 2011. All trucks will be equipped with the newest, further optimized generation of the OM 471 heavy-duty engine and Predictive Powertrain Control (PPC). Compared to the predecessor model, the already low fuel consumption of the diesel engine is further reduced by up to three percent and additionally lowers CO2 emissions. The PPC assistance system recognizes the topography ahead and engages gear changes in order to optimize fuel efficiency. In doing so, PPC lowers fuel consumption by up to five percent.
“We are proud to win Girteka Logistics as a large customer with the biggest fleet order in Eastern Europe for Mercedes-Benz Trucks in its history”, says Stefan Buchner, Head of Mercedes-Benz Trucks. “We feel very honored by this trust, and it clearly shows that our flagship model Actros stays ahead of the tough competition.“
In order to further improve the fuel efficiency of the new trucks Girteka Logistics additionally decided on FleetBoard. The telematics system collects all vehicle data like consumption and break related driving style or vehicle wear-and-tear. FleetBoard supports full transparency of the entire fleet and shows further potential of savings.
Moreover, all ordered tractor units for Girteka Logistics are equipped with a level floor BigSpace cab, headroom of 199 centimeters and 890 liters of storage space in order to offer its drivers best working conditions and much freedom of movement on longer tours.
Elke werkdag het laatste nieuws in uw postvak
- A28 Groningen richting Zwolle
- A28 Zwolle richting Amersfoort
- A28 Amersfoort richting Utrecht
- A76 Heerlen richting Geleen
Actuele wachttijd Eurotunnel
Weten welke schepen worden verwacht, hoelaat, uit welk land? U kunt het checken op onze speciale pagina met Realtime Scheepsinformatie
- Vrachtwagen in de sloot langs A28 [+video]
- 'EU moet ingrijpen als Madrid macht overneemt'
- Schip met 1128 ton diesel vastgelopen op de Rijn
- LET OP: Duitse Reformationstag rijverbod in heel Duitsland
- Spanning in VS: 'JFK-files' bijna openbaar
- FNV en werkgevers vrachtluchtvaart: opdracht Dijksma positief
- Vrachtwagen ramt vangrail op A28
- Zware files door extreem veel ongelukken op de maandagochtend
- 'Nederlands pensioenstelsel nog steeds top'
- Jongen valt voorbijgangers aan met bijl