Volvo Trucks becomes official supplier to the McLaren-Honda Formula 1 team
BRADFORD(UK) - McLaren-Honda today announces Volvo Trucks as an official supplier of trucks and haulage to its Formula 1 team.
The partnership will see McLaren-Honda take delivery of a brand new fleet of 24 state-of-the-art Volvo FH Series trucks for the duration of the four-year agreement. They will provide essential transport solutions and logistics support for both race team and hospitality operations.
The 24 Volvo FH 13-litre, 540hp trucks will comprise of three different specifications, including standard height, extra low, and top of the range, to cater for the ever-changing logistical requirements of the team at grand prix locations all over Europe.
McLaren-Honda will benefit from transport solutions that offer fuel-efficient, torque-strong performance, responsive engines and comfortable cabs. The Volvo FH Series boasts the latest I-See gradient technology that can save fuel, and engines that meet the Euro-6 emissions standard, therefore reducing environmental impact in line with the team’s status as the only Formula 1 operation to be awarded the FIA Institute’s Environmental Award for the Achievement of Excellence.
The FH Series is also the world’s safest Volvo product, equipped with unique safety systems including the strongest-ever Volvo cab, driver support systems, redesigned aerodynamic mirrors, improved instrument display and dynamic headlights.
Jonathan Neale, Chief Operating Officer, McLaren Technology Group, said: “As well as looking for on-track efficiencies, as part of McLaren’s sustainability commitments we also look for improvements off it too. That’s why we’re very proud to partner with such a prestigious brand as Volvo Trucks, who are renowned for their innovative and high-performance heavy goods transport solutions.
"Away from the racing circuit, managing freight and logistics for a Formula 1 team presents a huge challenge in itself. Transporting McLaren-Honda’s entire race team operations across Europe in an efficient, reliable and, most importantly, safe manner is no mean feat, and we knew that partnering with Volvo Trucks as an official supplier would fit that bill perfectly.
“Like McLaren, Volvo Trucks prides itself on an enviable heritage in its field. They have been in operation for more than 80 years and built an impressive reputation for strong, reliable and economical transport products. We are looking forward to receiving the first trucks from the new Volvo FH fleet from April onwards, and working with Volvo Trucks to refine our logistics solutions as the relationship progresses.”
Mike Corcoran, Commercial Director at Volvo Trucks UK & Ireland, said: “We are extremely proud to have been selected as a supplier by McLaren-Honda. Our two companies share a number of values – particularly so in terms of our approach to quality and innovation, and we are both very much leaders in the use of technology. We are both winners in the race to find technological solutions to a very different set of transport challenges: McLaren on the track, and Volvo Trucks on the roads and highways of the world.”
Tobias Dahlgren, Brand Strategy & Implementation Director at Volvo Trucks, added: “It is great to see that our trucks, known to be leading in innovation and quality, will deliver transport solutions to a customer in one of the most demanding businesses like McLaren-Honda. For Volvo, being a global brand with a presence on every continent, this ‘co-operation’ provides the possibility for us to offer selected customers and partners a unique experience together with McLaren-Honda.”
- DB Schenker selected as Official Logistics Supplier for BOIC
- XPO Logistics secures renewal with General Motors
- Scania (Great Britain) Limited wins Scania's largest ever European order
- ZIM to Expand Its Refrigerated Container Fleet
- HSF Logistics Barendrecht will close down
- DB Schenker Logistics to expand its land transport network in the UK
- Scania will test electric trucks on electrified roads in 2016
- Brainport joins Coast to Coast E-Mobility as 26th member
- Worldline teams up with MICHELIN Solutions to launch EFFITRAILERTM
- Kerry Logistics wins international award at DHL/SCMP Hong Kong Business Awards
- Four-year-old Sophie tests an 18-tonne Volvo truck [+video]
- Heisterkamp Trailer Rental expands: 120 new trailers and opens three new depots
Elke werkdag het laatste nieuws in uw postvak
- A28 Groningen richting Zwolle
- A28 Zwolle richting Amersfoort
- A28 Amersfoort richting Utrecht
- A76 Heerlen richting Geleen
Actuele wachttijd Eurotunnel
Weten welke schepen worden verwacht, hoelaat, uit welk land? U kunt het checken op onze speciale pagina met Realtime Scheepsinformatie
- Vrachtwagen in de sloot langs A28 [+video]
- 'EU moet ingrijpen als Madrid macht overneemt'
- Schip met 1128 ton diesel vastgelopen op de Rijn
- LET OP: Duitse Reformationstag rijverbod in heel Duitsland
- Spanning in VS: 'JFK-files' bijna openbaar
- FNV en werkgevers vrachtluchtvaart: opdracht Dijksma positief
- Vrachtwagen ramt vangrail op A28
- Zware files door extreem veel ongelukken op de maandagochtend
- 'Nederlands pensioenstelsel nog steeds top'
- Jongen valt voorbijgangers aan met bijl