DB Schenker selected as Official Logistics Supplier for BOIC
ANTWERP - The Belgian Olympic and Interfederal Committee (BOIC) has signed a contract with Schenker nv in Belgium, whereby Schenker is the exclusive logistics supplier of the BOIC. As official logistics supplier of Team Belgium, Schenker nv is responsible for all transportation and logistics services on behalf of the BOIC.
DB Schenker is a global leader in sports and event logistics – with over 1,000 staff in 50 countries handling specialized sports event logistic operations dedicated to customer service, quality and sustainability – values that go hand-in-hand with the purpose of the BOIC. “We chose DB Schenker because of their extensive global experience in the provision of logistics services to major international sporting events, these include the Olympic and Paralympic Games, World Cups and other World Championship events“, says Philippe Vander Putten, CEO of the BOIC.
“We are very pleased with our partnership under the Logistics Category at this prestigious organisation. DB Schenker has established its own competence centers based on its years of experience in specifically the Olympic and Paralympic Games, Soccer and Sailing Events, which matches perfectly with the needs of the BOIC. With our global network we can guarantee a smooth transportation flow and all logistic demands will be covered according to the organizational requirements,” says Annegret Müller, Head of the Sports & Events Department of Schenker nv.
Based in Antwerp, Schenker nv is one of the Belgian market’s leading integrated logistics service providers and employs 680 staff at eight branches: Antwerp, Brussels, Eupen, Mechelen, Zwevegem, Willebroek, Zaventem and Zeebrugge. DB Schenker supports industry and trade in the global exchange of goods combining Land Transport, Air and Ocean Freight, Contract Logistics and Supply Chain Management.
- Volvo Trucks becomes official supplier to the McLaren-Honda Formula 1 team
- XPO Logistics secures renewal with General Motors
- Scania (Great Britain) Limited wins Scania's largest ever European order
- ZIM to Expand Its Refrigerated Container Fleet
- HSF Logistics Barendrecht will close down
- DB Schenker Logistics to expand its land transport network in the UK
- Scania will test electric trucks on electrified roads in 2016
- Brainport joins Coast to Coast E-Mobility as 26th member
- Worldline teams up with MICHELIN Solutions to launch EFFITRAILERTM
- Kerry Logistics wins international award at DHL/SCMP Hong Kong Business Awards
- Four-year-old Sophie tests an 18-tonne Volvo truck [+video]
- Heisterkamp Trailer Rental expands: 120 new trailers and opens three new depots
Elke werkdag het laatste nieuws in uw postvak
Weten welke schepen worden verwacht, hoelaat, uit welk land? U kunt het checken op onze speciale pagina met Realtime Scheepsinformatie
- Gekantelde vrachtwagen zorgt voor problemen bij TIMZO in Genemuiden [+foto]
- Vrachtwagenchauffeur die inreed op file E34 is 15 dagen rijbewijs kwijt
- De Mol bundelt mediabedrijven in Talpa Network
- Ondernemer Marcel van Hout vermoord in zijn villa in Neerpelt
- 'Topman Airbus gehoord in corruptiezaak'
- Servische vrachtwagenchauffeur gearresteerd in groot drugsonderzoek in Hannover [+foto's]
- Man overlijdt door ongeval Limburg
- MAN TGX voor Verkeersschool Van Buuren voor Code 95 trainingen
- Appen niet bewezen bij dodelijk ongeval Texel
- N279 ’s-Hertogenbosch - Veghel is nu écht af